Here you can see a letter from Janet Pooley, Chief Optometric Advisor which informs of the Scottish Governments future plans for Community Eyecare and optometry training.
NES are holding ESR focus groups between the 7th and 30th of March 2022. We encourage you to attend a session relevant to you and share your feedback.
Each online session will run for approximately 90 minutes, and will take place virtually, on Zoom.
Proposed dates for the focus groups are:
- Monday 7th March 19:00-20:30 – Pre-registration supervisors
- Wednesday 9th March 19:00-20:30 – Business owners/employers
- Monday 21st March 19:00-20:30 – Academics/Educators
- Thursday 24th March 19:00-20:30 – General optometric profession (inc. primary and secondary care delivery)
- Tuesday 29th March 19:00-20:30 – Pre-registration assessors and/or examiners
- Wednesday 30th March 19:00-20:30 – Current pre-registration trainees/Newly qualified optometrists (<2 years)