Join Optometry Scotland and reap the benefits of being a member of the representative body for all Optometrist and Dispensing Opticians in Scotland. OS is recognised by all Optometric organisations as well as the Scottish Parliament and Scottish Government Health Directorates. We are your voice!
The following lists our major achievements so far:
- Negotiated the new GOS contract that was implemented in April 2006.
- Secured two equipment grants £8,000 per practice in 2006 and £10,000 per practice in 2008.
- The £1 million training grant which has now implemented, hopefully you are taking advantage of the free training available.
- Secured funding from SGHD for an IT link which will allow Optometrists to electronically refer to Secondary Care and Submit GOS forms electronically to PSD for payments. Expected roll out in 2014.
Additional benefits of being an OS member include:
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments in optometry.
- Access to our expertise which can assist you with a problem or query you may have.
- We are continually lobbying the Scottish Parliament, on your behalf, to keep eyecare at the forefront of the MSPs minds.
- We have regular meetings, and on behalf of our members we negotiate, with representatives from the SGHD, NHS Health Boards and other specialised bodies like NES, PSD and SEG.
A full time practice can become member of Optometry Scotland for only £67 per month, less than the cost of two eye examinations. For individual Optometrists & Dispensing Opticians the cost is £5 per month.
If you have a part time practice and would like to become a member of Optometry Scotland then we can negotiate a discounted rate. To join OS or for more information contact us.